November 05, 2013

l'oreal paris magic nude liquid powder review

I'm back! It's been a while I know, I hope you all are doing great and still follow my little blog, I left you hanging there for a few months, ok... 6 to be exact... sorry about that! Well, I return with a helpful girly review for you. I recently decided to try a new foundation. I saw some commercials and thought "hey I should try that!" So I went to one of the few stores we have here in little Brookings, and picked up a bottle of L'oreal Paris Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation. It retails for $12.95/1 fl oz., is available in 12 shades, and has 18 SPF.
It retails at $12.95/1 fl oz., is available in 12 shades and is easy to find at mass food and drug retailers nationwide. - See more at: http://www.clevercompass.com/weblog/2013/10/14/magic-nude-liquid-powder-review.html#sthash.MQAbKone.dpuf
It retails at $12.95/1 fl oz., is available in 12 shades and is easy to find at mass food and drug retailers nationwide. - See more at: http://www.clevercompass.com/weblog/2013/10/14/magic-nude-liquid-powder-review.html#sthash.MQAbKone.dpuf
It retails at $12.95/1 fl oz., is available in 12 shades and is easy to find at mass food and drug retailers nationwide. - See more at: http://www.clevercompass.com/weblog/2013/10/14/magic-nude-liquid-powder-review.html#sthash.MQAbKone.dpuf
It retails at $12.95/1 fl oz., is available in 12 shades and is easy to find at mass food and drug retailers nationwide. - See more at: http://www.clevercompass.com/weblog/2013/10/14/magic-nude-liquid-powder-review.html#sthash.MQAbKone.dpuf



It retails at $12.95/1 fl oz., is available in 12 shades and is easy to find at mass food and drug retailers nationwide. - See more at: http://www.clevercompass.com/weblog/2013/10/14/magic-nude-liquid-powder-review.html#sthash.MQAbKone.dpufV
I would have to say that I don't love this foundation, it's sad, because I really wanted to! But it just doesn't work for me. Here's why:

L'Oreal Paris Magic Nude, Classic Tan

  • Very sheer coverage. I find I have to use a lot more foundation to cover my less than perfect skin. If you have clear, smooth skin, this would work for you.
  •  Makes dry skin look even more dry. I don't have overly dry skin, a few places here or there. Using this foundation built up in those dry areas, has a party and erected a spotlight for all to notice.
  • The final texture is amazing! I love the way my skin feels after I apply this foundation. It is so silky smooth and doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything. I just don't like the way the finish looks.
  • Doesn't last very long. I will be out for a few hours during the day, doing nothing major, maybe grocery shopping, or running errands, but by the time I get home, I would need to practically re-apply. This is even after concealer that has been set by powder! Not a long, or short for that matter, lasting makeup. 
  • It is recommended on the bottle to use your fingers to apply. DO THIS! if you try to use a sponge or brush, it will really streak. If using your fingers to apply foundation grosses you out, do not get this foundation. And if you do buy it, ALWAYS wash your hands before applying anything to your face.
  • Very liquid-y consistancy. Be sure to shake before use every time. This foundation seperates when it sits for a while, and is very runny. 
I would rate this foundation a 2 out of 5. I will not be purchasing it again.
Overall, in my opinion, you would be better off avoiding this foundation. I just don't think it's worth your money. I hope this review was helpful!

Are there any foundations you love? Share in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post Darcie! I've been checking periodically to see if you posted anything. I hate spending $ on make-up only to find that I don't like it, so it is nice to read reviews. I just bought Physicians Formula Super BB moisturizer, SPF 30 and foundation 3in1. I love the convenience, the coverage is light, but nice. It's not the most effective moisturizer for my dry winter skin but not bad for a 3in1. All in all I like it enough to buy again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for keeping up with me, I've finally gotten somewhat settled and the creative juices are flowing! I'm glad you found something that works. And that's why I like to write my reviews too, hopefully I can help someone save their hard earned pennies!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...