March 05, 2013

fresh face

Via Pinterest I have finally discovered the cure for a dry face! Since I moved to Indiana from Arizona four years ago, my hair and skin have gone through some major changes. My hair turned curly, and my skin turned dry, I'm okay with only one of those...

After trying different face washes, toners, and scrubs with nothing working very well, I decided to dial it back and take it back to nature. I found that the simplest, cheapest ingredients worked the best.


{ what you will need }

(approximately, I don't measure it out)
  • 1 tsp. coconut oil (any virgin coconut oil will do, I use an organic brand)
  • 1 tsp. baking soda



Yep, that's it! Let the coconut oil melt a bit in your your palm then sprinkle in the baking soda. Rub it together in your hands then apply in a circular motion on your face. It will feel a bit gritty like a scrub but is a lot more gentle. Rinse off with warm water, pat dry with a clean cloth, leaving you with a fresh, clean, exfoliated and moisturized face. It may feel like you now have an oily face and have the urge to clean your face again... don't fret, after about 5 minutes your skin will absorb the oils (good non pore clogging oils) and you'll be left with soft, radiant skin!

If you're like me and tend to get rather dry skin. You can use a pinch of coconut oil warmed up in your hands to apply like a lotion, I rub it all over my face, let it soak in for about 5 minutes, pat off any excess with a clean dry cloth, then go about my daily makeup routine.

This method has helped my skin tremendously! Gone are the dry patches, breakouts, and dull skin! I absolutely love this because it's so inexpensive and easy!!

Do you use coconut oil and baking soda for anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...