March 07, 2013

french bread yummy goodness pizza

Cheaper than takeout, better than frozen, and super easy!

What you will need:
  • Loaf of french bread.
  • pizza sauce (I just use Kroger brand)
  • shredded mozzarella cheese
  • any toppings you want!

Pre-heat your oven to 500 degrees. Cut your french bread in half horizontally, then place them on a cookie sheet covered in foil.


spread a layer of pizza sauce on both slices, then add your toppings. On my side (I always choose the rounded top side of the bread because it's not as dense as the bottom, less calories!) I choose the same topping that I chose when I was 10. (we'll call it being consistent instead of stuck in a rut, I like that better)  So on my side is Canadian bacon, pretty plain I know, but it's what I like! On my husband's side, is Canadian bacon and black olives. When you're done with your toppings, go as crazy as you want, (unlike us) then spread a layer of cheese on top of that, when everything is covered, add a little bit more just to be safe ;)


pop it in the oven for 5-7 minutes. It comes out looking like this, perfectly cheesy, melty and browned. 

YUM!
Just throw away the foil for easy clean up!


I usually don't have Ranch with my pizza, but I love the flavor combination with this pizza! If you do use ranch, use a bigger cup... I usually just squirt it on my plate, but I wanted it to look all pretty for you guys. That's what I get for thinking of others... :)


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...