March 02, 2013

put a spring in your step

Are you ready for spring as much as I am??? I am so over winter this year. Snow is still on the ground here and swim suits are in the stores. Bright pretty colors, cheerful floral and fun patterns are just beckoning spring with open arms, as am I! In the spirit of spring I bought the In Style March 2013 Spring Issue. The cotton candy pink cover just called out to me! So I snuggled in bed with my cup of earl gray tea and a chocolate chip cookie and just let the springy-ness wash over me. I could practically feel the sun beams on my face. Okay not really, just wishful thinking...

Polka dots, stripes, fresh florals, dewy skin, and bright lips are all on the list of hot 2013 trends. While I am not the type of person to buy things because they are in fashion for 5 minutes, I simply can't afford it! I do happen to love all of these particular fashion statements. Since I already have a closet full of items that fit these categories, I guess for once, I will be trendy! (enter shocked face here) I practically jumped up and down when I saw A-Line skirts are hot right now. I'll have to stock up! These are the best skirt shape for my shape. Pretty much 99% of my skirts are A-line. Again, hooray! for Spring!

Here are a few items I spotted in this issue that had me drooling a bit.

Merona Madge Ballet Flat at Target
$19.99

Merona Favorite Lawn Shirt in 'Dot Print' at Target
$22.99


These cute flats are from The Italian Shoe Collection at J. Crew
$248.00

Sperry Top Sider Summerlin Flat Sandals at Dillards
$80.00
I love the neon yellow!

Polka Dot Chiffon Secretary Blouse at American Apparel
$60.00
I've been wanting a front tie shirt like this for a while!



Are there any trends you're looking forward to this spring??
Please share with me!



6 comments:

  1. I love both pairs of those flats, which is really saying something since I hate flats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too! Not that I could pay $248.00 for a pair of shoes... I still think they're adorable!

      Delete
  2. I think it's been around for a few minutes (which means it's probably on its way out) but I really love the combination of mint and gold. For convention this year, I want to wear mint and white with gold accessories. Have you noticed if maxi skirts are still in the mix? I'm always a few years behind the trends, and was thinking of sewing one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maxi dresses and skirts are still popular. I think it will be a while before they're considered "out of date". Pistachio is a hot color this spring, Add an accessory in a brighter grass green, coral, blush or plum for a pop of color!

      Delete
  3. I am really loving the coral and pistachio colors this year. I am also really digging the almost sheer flowy tops this spring, like polka dot front tie blouse pictured above. I just adore that look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd really like to try mixing bolder prints together like stripes & floral. Might have to have you girls over and put together a couple of outfits for me

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...